The brands selected for “Superbrands Status” are evaluated and graded by the Superbrands Council, consisting of marketing eminent figures in the world of branding, advertising and marketing and by a consumer poll run by an independent agency.
Selecting a brand to be exceled as Superbrand is a process that includes several “rules”. Both the Experts Council and consumers consider the following criteria when voting for a brand.
Does the brand hold a significant share of the market for its goods and/or services?
- How does the brands market share compare to the competition?
- Is the brand highly regarded by the consumer?
Does the brand possess or display the qualities and attributes necessary to make it resilient to negative market influences?
- Truly great brands will stand the test-of-time.
- Does the brand have esteem and familiarity?
- Would the brand appear resilient in times of trouble?
Is the brand generally perceived favorably by consumers and is it accepted without question or reservation?
- Does the consumer trust in the quality of the brand?
- Will the product live up to its promise?
Will the brand’s consumers choose it repeatedly and automatically over competing brands?
- Will the consumer pay a premium for the brand?
- Is the brand strong enough to make the consumer go in search of the product?
OVERALL MARKET ACCEPTANCE
Is the brand a part of every day life for the relevant market segment, and is it automatically on the consumer’s list of choices for that product or service?
- How is the brand different from anything else in the market?
- Does the Brand have vitality and stature?
- Would the consumer recommend the Brand to a friend?
Does the brand provide quality products and services?
Can the brand be trusted to deliver consistently?
Is it well known in its sector and suitably different from its rivals?
How does the consumer perceive the company’s attitude on issues related to labor relations, environmental issues and the society as a whole?
Additionally, all those involved in the voting process bear in mind the following definition: ‘A Superbrand has established the finest reputation in its field. It offers customers significant emotional and/or tangible advantages over its competitors, which customers want and recognise.’